Mary Shadbolt: Tiger Fly

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hoboken Fountain
























Hoboken was "home" to me for almost 5 years. Even before that, there were many days, nights... even weekends, that I spent in Hoboken. The running joke in my family is that my Aunts and Uncles spent their youth trying to get out of Hoboken. My cousins, friends and I spend our youth trying to get in. But even with the high rent and the crooked politics, it still feels like home.
These are some shots that I took on an unusually hot day in May. Once that fountain is turned on, there's no stopping the screeching kids from running in and out of the streams of water. In and out, over and over. I remember running through sprinklers when I was a kid, its such a thrill to feel the cold water drip down your back. I envied these kids who were able to shed their clothes with abandon and just run through the freezing cold water. Yet, at the same time... I didnt join them.. instead... I walked down the street to my favorite bar. Sometimes grown ups have to find other ways to cool off!

Where these photographs were taken:


This is an interactive map. Use your mouse to drag the photograph around to see the surrounding areas of the fountain in Hoboken.

Click the image to start the slideshow
© Mary Kamphausen 2006

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


© Copyright Mary Shadbolt 2006-2008 | Site Design By Algorithm